To be able to connect to our network, support from your device is required for the secured access method 802.1x or WPA2-Enterprise. The manufacturer of your device has not added the necessary support into your device. You can contact the supplier of your device for further support and to ask for a software update in order to give your device the support for 802.1x and/or WPA2-Enterprise.
This is why we officially do not offer support for this type of device with the student product.
In order to connect your Playstation 4 or Playstation 5 you need to follow the following steps:
- Make sure your Playstation 4 or Playstatn 5 has previously already been connected to the Sony Playstation Network (E.g at home)
- Select (Settings) > [Network] > [Configure Internet connection]
- Select [Use Wi-Fi] and select [Change]
- Select the open Wi-Fi STUDENTENINTERNET(123)
123 refers to the first three digits of your activation code or username
- Select Automatic for all other settings
- If asked to provide a Proxy-Server, select No
- At this moment in time the automatic Internet connection test is started and this will fail. This is normal
- Go back to the main menu and open the web browser. E.g to http://hotspot.studenteninternet.be
- Log in using the username and password received with your subscription
You will now have internet access to your Playstation 4 or Playstation 5